Friday, December 7, 2007

Ah..... Leftovers, How I love Ye

Today didn't involve much actual cooking since I figured I better use up the many leftovers I have hiding out in basement fridge. However, it all still tasted great!




Yes, this is the Tofurkey leftover from Thanksgiving....I'm ashamed it's lasted so long, but I always seem to forget it's in my fridge. At least I remembered yesterday when I packed my lunch. Okay, so my friends think I'm insane for loving this, but everyone puts cranberry sauce on their Tofurkey sandwich right? Maybe their actually more disturbed by the Tofurkey part as opposed to the cranberries. I don't care though, this lunch still rocked as I absolutely love combining sweet and salty things. I tend to have either a carton of soy yogurt or one of those portable soymilk things everyday for lunch while I'm at school so, other than the sandwich, this is pretty standard.

These are actually just leftover from last night's dinner. I made stuffed shells using the Tofu Ricotta from VWAV (my love) and I was kind of nervous since I feel that, as a vegan, I need to go out of my way to impress people with the food that I make or else their idea of veganism will be tarnished forever. I tasted the "ricotta" before I stuffed the shells and expected it to taste kind of nasty since I figured it would get better once it cooked. As i tasted it I learned that I was SOOO wrong. That stuff is awesome, even when it's raw! I didn't tell anyone except my mom that it was made with tofu, so that my dad, brother, and sister would at least be willing to try it. Guess what? They all loved it! My dad went back for seconds and even said that he "actually quite likes it." Thanks go to Isa for another great (vegan) dinner that my family is looking forward to eating again!

Geez, I can't believe I'm posting without mentioning some sort of dessert, but all I had was a dark chocolate bar, so I'm not sure if that's too blog worthy. However, if all goes well, I'll have a sweet surprise for you all tomorrow! Guess we'll just have to see how it turns out.

No comments: