Monday, January 21, 2008

No-Recipe Muffins



Thank goodness I finally got my muffins. I have been craving them for far too long now. I got the idea randomly one day for an almond, blueberry and cherry muffin, and couldn't stop thinking about it! I'm sure I could have easily found a recipe and adjusted it to whatever add-in's I wanted, but I really wanted to try my hand at making up my own recipe completely. I based the proportions of flour, liquids, and leavenings on about 4-5 different recipes that I randomly found online, so I'm pretty proud about how these turned out! Oh I didn't even mention how good they were yet! Well, they were. My sister actually went crazy for these and I actually witnessed her eat three in a row. The only thing she didn't like were the almonds in the streusel toping but everyone else, myself included, liked them so I'll maybe just alter the amount next time as opposed to leaving them out completely. I don't think the recipe is quite ready to share yet, but I think it will be very soon, so I promise that the next time you hear about these muffins a recipe will be included!

No comments: